Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Veda Beaux Reves|
|Occupation||drag queen, musician|
Winner of the 1999 Alternative Miss Ireland competition, In 2002 she formed indie rock group Daddy's Little Princess who later went on to support Scissor Sisters on tour in 2004 . Veda currently hosts a weekly drag show called Space 'N Veda at Dublin's best known gay bar, The George. In 2006 Veda along with fellow drag artist Davina Devine formed electro pop duo LadyFace. In 2010, Veda released her debut album Stars Edge which peaked in the top ten of the Irish charts. In summer 2010, Veda performed at Electric Picnic and headlined the Milk festival.
The Irish Times, in a positive review of the album Stars Edge, wrote, "It's cheeky, glam and often cheesy, but also a lot of fun". In a mixed review, The Sunday Business Post wrote, "Insubstantially frothy at all times, Stars Edge still packs enough of a glittery punch to hold the attention."
|2009|| Stars Edge
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 O'Connor, Annmarie (6 December 2009). "The power of drag: Want to make an entrance? Annmarie O'Connor meets just the 'gal' to show you how", The Sunday Times, p. 21.
- ↑ http://alternativemissireland.queerid.net/page.aspx?page=1999
- ↑ Scissor Sisters 2004 Summer Tour - Review - Music is the Victim!!. Ciao.co.uk. Retrieved on 2013-08-12.
- ↑ (13 August 2010). "Marc Pops in for a Picnic", The Sun, p. 5.
- ↑ Murphy, Lauren (18 December 2009). "Pop/Rock: Veda: Stars Edge", The Irish Times, p. 14.
- ↑ (22 November 2009). "Listen, look, play: Veda: Stars Edge", The Sunday Business Post.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Veda Beaux Reves. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|