| This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please improve this article if you can. (July 2008)
She was born in 1975 and is a three-time NCAA shot put champion from the University of Nebraska in the late 1990s. In the early 1990s, Thompson won several high school shot put state titles. She was awarded 2nd place in 2000 USA Indoor shot put.
Fall from graceEdit
Her addictions became the focus of the A&E show “Intervention”, following the show they paid for a 90-day intensive in-patient therapy at Hope By The Sea, followed by a stay at a halfway house and more therapy.
- 2000: Placed 2nd at USA Indoors (60-1).
- 1999: 3rd at USA Outdoors (61-5)... 17th in qualifying at World Champs (57-5.75) 3rd at USA Indoors (60-3)ranked #3 in U.S. by T&FN best of 63-9.5 (indoors).
- 1998: 3rd in SP (57-3.75) at USA Outdoors 3rd in SP at USA Indoor (57-4.25)won SP (61-2.25 MR), 8th in DT (178-11 PR) at NCAAwon SP (59-7), DT (174-2) at Big 12 7th in SP at Goodwill Games (56-9.25) ranked #3 in SP in U.S. by T&FN bests of 61-7.75 and 178-11 (DT).
- 1997: 3rd in SP at USA Outdoors (58-2)12th in SP at World Champs (54-1)won SP (60-8.5) at NCAA; 10th in DT (166-4), 9th in HT (180-6 PR)won SP (57-0) at NCAA Indoorwon SP (59-4.75), 3rd in WT (57-11.25) at Big 12 Indoor won SP (59-4.75), 2nd in DT (165-10), 3rd in HT (178-2) at Big 12 Outdoor3rd in SP (59-11) at World University Gamesranked #3 in SP in U.S. by T&FN bests of 61-7.5 and 171-5 (DT), 180-6 (HT).
- 1996: 8th in SP (55-3.75) at Olympic Trials 5th in SP (54-9.25), 9th in DT (170-1) at NCAA Outdoor won SP (56-10) and DT (163-2) in Big 8; 9th in HT (147-11)5th in SP at NCAA Indoor (54-7.25)2nd in SP (53-11.75), 3rd in WT (55-7.75) in Big 12 Indoor ranked #9 in SP in U.S. by T&FN bests of 57-0 and 170-1 (DT), 148-2 (HT).
- 1995: 7th in SP (51-5.5) at USA Outdoors; 18th in DT qualifying3rd in SP (48-11.75), 5th in WT (52-3.75) in Big 12 Indoor17th in NCAA Indoor SP (45-0.25)2nd in SP (50-8.25), 5th in DT (143-5) in Big 86th in SP (53-7), 11th in DT at NCAA Outdoor (163-3) 4th in SP (49-6.5) at Olympic Festranked #10 in SP in U.S. by T&FN bests of 54-3.25 and 171-1 (DT).
- 1994: 3rd in SP at Big 12 Indoor (49-5)14th in SP at NCAA Indoor (47-5.75)redshirted outdoor season best of 50-8.75.
- 1993: Won Nebraska HS state title in SP best of 44-11.5.
- 1992: Won Nebraska HS state title in SP bests of 44-6.5.
- 1991: Won Nebraska HS state title in SPbests of 42-9.5.