Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
Please improve this article if you can. (December 2006)
A tranny chaser is an individual who is sexually attracted to transgendered people. Originally (and still predominantly) used to describe the men interested in pre-operative transwomen, the term tranny chaser is now being used in FTM communities as well.
Many members of the transgendered community (particularly in the MTF population) use "tranny chaser" in a pejorative sense, because they consider it a fetish-like attraction to the penis of a pre-operative or non-operative transwoman MTF or to the vagina of a pre- or non-operative transman.. This is similar to the women portrayed in futanari pornography although transwomen may totally reject this equivalence.
In "Diary of a Drag Queen" Daniel Harris describes four types of men interested in him while he was cross-dressed, heterosexual men who wanted the presumed superior oral services of another male, homosexuals who were only interested in his genitals, other cross dressers, and men who were intrigued by the mixture of maleness and femaleness he represented.
Janice Blanche in "Transgender Road Map" (2007) suggests that these men are of two main types, homosexual gynandrophiliac (repressed homosexuals) and autogynephilic gynandrophiliac (men erotically obsessed with transsexualism or becoming transsexual themselves).
References in pop culture Edit
- Barry Zuckerkorn, a lawyer on the television series Arrested Development has a penchant for transgendered prostitutes.
- Matt McNamara, a high school student on the television series Nip/Tuck, learns that a former lover is transsexual and becomes fascinated with them.
- In the TV series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the main character Mac has an on again, off again relationship with a pre-op transexual named Carmen.
- http://www.nerve.com/PersonalEssays/Newitz/trannychaser/ Is an essay by a woman who considers herself a tranny chaser.
- http://www.tsroadmap.com/early/dating.html Is a discussion of the challenge for transwomen with a cautionary tale regarding tranny chasers.
- http://www.tsgirlfriend.com/great-boyfriend.html Features transwomen discussing the pros and cons of tranny chasers.