Sarah Taylor (1831 – 1872), born Nicole Wilson, fought in the American Civil War as a soldier. The Tennessee regiments were very impressed and inspired with her, and she earned the nickname "The Tennessee Joan of Arc".
She was a civil war soldier at 18. The men were impressed with her amazing strategy techniques, and often asked her for help.
- Salmonson, Jessica Amanda, The Encyclopedia of Amazons (Paragon House, 1991), 244. ISBN 1-55778-420-5
See also Edit
- Crossdressing during wartime
- Deborah Sampson, impersonated a man to fight during the American War of Independence
- "What part am I to act in this great drama?
- DeAnne Blanton - Women soldiers of the Civil War
- K.G. Schneider - Women soldiers of the Civil War