Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rodney Berman, a Liberal Democrat (UK) Councillor for the Plasnewydd ward, is leader of Cardiff Council.
A Glaswegian by birth, Rodney studied at the University of Glasgow where he helped run Glasgow University Liberal Democrats before moving to Wales to study towards a PhD.
He has stood for election to Parliament as Welsh Liberal Democrat candidate for Cardiff South and Penarth in 2001 and Rhondda in 1997.
In 2006, Berman was the first winner of the Local Politician of the Year award, judges saying he "has had the difficult task of leading a minority administration, publicly taking on the powerful chairman of his local football club, whilst endeavouring to resolve major policy issues such as the decline in school enrolments in the city".
The local elections of 2008 saw the Liberal Democrats under Berman's leadership increase their representation, winning new seats in the east (Trowbridge), west (Llandaff) and south of the city (Butetown).
Berman is a member of the Armenia-Wales friendship society. 
- Balsom, Denis. The Wales Yearbook 2007. Francis Balsom Associates Limited. 2006 ISBN 1 901 862 65 8
- ↑ "Partnership ceremony for Berman and partner", icWales, Western Mail and Echo Ltd, 2006-08-14. Retrieved on 2006-08-25.
- ↑ Baku Assa-Irada. "Wales recognizes "Armenian genocide" of 1915 - Azeri agency", BBC Summary of World Broadcasts, October 25, 2004. Retrieved on April 13, 2010. "Baku, 25 October: The Cardiff County Council in Wales announced last week that it recognized the so-called "Armenian genocide" of 1915 in Ottoman Turkey . Rodney Berman, member of the council and of the Armenia-Wales friendship society, who reported this, said that a monument would be erected in the city to the genocide victims in 2005. Berman said that in the past three years the Armenia-Wales friendship society had directed all its efforts to obtain the recognition of the "Armenian genocide". Members of the society assess this step as a preliminary stage in the recognition of the so-called genocide by Britain."
- Guardian Unlimited Politics - Ask Aristotle: Rodney Berman
- "Hain wins top title for work in Wales and N Ireland" - Wales Online
- "It's just not cricket" - The Western Mail
- "‘Cardiff residents should get to vote for a mayor’" - Wales Online
- "Directly-elected mayor would have too much power, says Rodney Berman" - Wales Online
- "Cardiff council hits back at rubbish collection complaints" - Wales Online
- "News in brief" - Hold The Front Page
- "Concern over city school shake-up" - BBC News
- "Cardiff 'behind' in culture city race" - BBC News
- "Cardiff Council Chief Executive to retire after 17 years " - 24 Dash
- "Council to reveal school closures" - BBC News
LGBT and Queer studies
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Rodney Berman. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|