Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Paul Bellini (born September 12, 1963 in Timmins, Ontario) is a Canadian comedy writer and television actor. Bellini is well-known figure in the Canadian television comedy industry due to his work on The Kids in the Hall and This Hour Has 22 Minutes. He has worked on several projects with Josh Levy and PJ DeBoy. He has appeared in small parts on television shows and films.
Bellini never spoke during his appearances on The Kids in the Hall (during most of which his only garment was a white bath towel wrapped around his waist) until the final episode: after the end credits, during which the cast is buried alive, Bellini approaches their grave, turns to the camera, and intones, "Thank God that's finally over." He then picks up a flower and proceeds to dance on their grave.
Bellini was the prize in two contests run by the show. The first contest was "Touch Paul Bellini," in which the winner was granted the chance to gently poke a betoweled Bellini with a stick. On another season the contest winner won a lunch with him at the Ottawa airport.
In 1998, Bellini made an autobiographical documentary, Bellini's Drive, which among other things explained what it is like to be the second-most famous person from Timmins (the first being Shania Twain).
Writing credits Edit
- The Kids in the Hall, writer for four seasons; also featured on several episodes (clad in a towel)
- Out There in Hollywood on Comedy Central
- Writer for This Hour Has 22 Minutes 1994-1997
- Buddy Babylon, The Autobiography of Buddy Cole, a 1998 humor novel written with Scott Thompson, ISBN 0-440-50828-2
- LockerRoom on PrideVision, a gay sketch comedy series: co-producer and writer, and host of the segment Coach's Corner.
- Writer for television specials Jest in Time for Halloween and Out There in TV
- Yvon of the Yukon, 2000, staff writer
- Made in Canada, 1998, writer
- Hayseed, writer
- DoUlike2watch.com, 2003, writer
Film and television appearances Edit
- Candles, Snow, Mistletoe - by Sharon, Lois and Bram
- Behind the Scenes - Comedy Network
- Brain Candy (1996)
- Hayseed (1997)-- independent film
- Bellini's Drive (1998)
- Won Gemini Award in 1996, 1997 - writer for This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Won Writer's Guide of Canada for Excellence in Writing in 1997 for This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Nominated Emmy Award 1994 - writer for The Kids in the Hall
- Nominated Cable ACE award 1992 - writer for The Kids in the Hall
- ↑ Matte, Andrew (2000-01-22), “Helping out the kids: Gemini-winning writer pitching ideas in Toronto”, National Post, <http://geocities.com/foreverkids2003/is_there_one_last_chance_to_touc.htm>
- ↑ Bellini, Paul. Murder victim no Mr. Goodbar. Fab (magazine). Retrieved on 2008-05-08.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Paul Bellini. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|