The North Carolina Religious Coalition for Marriage Equality (also known as NCRC4ME) was an interfaith same-sex marriage advocacy group composed of religious leaders in North Carolina. The group's headquarters were at Pullen Memorial Baptist Church in Raleigh which has hosted speeches with James A. Forbes of the Riverside Church in regards to LGBT rights. The steering committee included executive director Jimmy Creech, group coordinator Chantelle Fisher-Borne, Mary E. Grigolia of the Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Jack McKinney of Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, Susan Parker of Wake Forest Baptist Church, Steve Smith of the North Carolina Council of Churches, and Wanda Floyd of the Imani Metropolitan Community Church.
In 2004, NCR4ME issued a statement calling for equality of same-sex and opposite-sex marriage, signed by North Carolina religious leaders.
See also Edit
- LGBT-affirming churches
- North Carolina Amendment 1
- Religion and homosexuality
- Same-sex marriage in North Carolina
- ↑ Minister to speak about gay rights. The News & Observer.
- ↑ Unitarian Universalist fellowship to install minister. The Durham News.
- ↑ Religious Group To Speak Out In Support Of Same-Sex Marriage. WRAL-TV.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at North Carolina Religious Coalition for Marriage Equality. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|