Rev Dr. Mona West (born October 2, 1955) is an American feminist theologian and pastor. She was ordained in the Southern Baptist Church in 1987 (a denomination that no longer ordains women) and transferred her credentials to the Metropolitan Community Church in 1992.
Professional Ministry Edit
She served as co-Pastor of the Cathedral of Hope from February 2003 until February 2004 in Dallas serving with Senior Pastor Rev. Michael S. Piazza who was elected in 1987. West left shortly after helping to lead the congregation to disaffiliate from the Metropolitan Community Church. Thereafter she served as Minister of Spiritual Formation at Midway Hills Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Dallas from June of 2004 until she was elected to serve as Pastor of Church of the Trinity MCC in Sarasota, Florida in May 2005 as successor to Rev Elder Nancy Wilson when she was elected Moderator of the denomination. She relocated to Florida with her spouse Deb Elder in August 2005.
Professional Experience Edit
West's professional experience includes:
- 2005-present Pastor, Church of the Trinity MCC, Sarasota, Florida
- 2004-2005, Minister of Spiritual Formation, Midway Hills Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, Dallas, TX
- 1997-2004, Associate Pastor, Cathedral of Hope, Dallas, TX (served the last year as co-pastor)
- 1992-1997, Academic Dean, Samaritan Institute for Religious Studies, Dallas, TX
- 1988-1992, Assistant Professor of Religion, Anderson College, Anderson, SC
- 1987-1988, Assistant Professor of Religion, Austin College, Sherman, TX
- 1986-1987, Adjunct Professor of Religion, Southern Seminary, Louisville, KY
| This page uses content that was added to Wikipedia. The article has been deleted from Wikipedia.|
As with this wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.