Loken was born in Ghent, New York to Merlin "Chris" Loken (a writer) and Rande Porath (a model); both her paternal and maternal grandparents were born in Norway and immigrated to Wisconsin's Norwegian American community. She grew up on her parents' fruit farm in Upstate New York. She is also amongst the tallest actresses in the Hollywood film industry, standing at little over 5 ft 11 tall (1.80m).
Loken started her acting career in 1994, playing "Danielle 'Dani' Andropoulos #3" on an episode of As The World Turns,Template:Check and she appeared in several television shows and films, including regular appearances on the television shows Philly, Unhappily Ever After, Mortal Kombat: Conquest, and Boy Meets World. She is probably best known for her performance as the android T-X (Terminatrix) in the 2003 movie Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. In 2004, she appeared in a German television movie, Die Nibelungen (also known as "Sword of Xanten"), which aired as a 2-part mini-series and set a ratings record. Subsequently, she starred as the leading character in the 2006 film version of the video game BloodRayne, and appeared in director Uwe Boll's film version of the video game Dungeon Siege, called In the Name of the King.
She appeared in 10 episodes of the fourth season of The L Word, which debuted in January 2007. Additionally, she is set to star as the title character in SciFi Channel's series Painkiller Jane beginning in 2007.
Loken stated in an interview with Curve magazine, "I have dated and have had sex with men and women and have to say that the relationships I have had with certain women have been much more fulfilling, sexually and emotionally, than of those with certain men.... I connect with an aura, with energy. And if the person with whom I connect happens to be a female, that’s just the way it is. That’s what makes my wheels turn." Loken first generated public speculation about her sexuality when she kissed P!nk at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo.The Advocate and other LGBT news sources in November 2006 reported Loken might be in a romantic relationship with actress Michelle Rodriguez, her co-star in Bloodrayne. Asked about the relationship in April 2007, Kristanna Loken said, "We're great friends. She'll always remain a great, close friend of mine. I'll always love Michelle."
|2006||In the Name of the King||Elora|
|2004||Ring of the Nibelungs||Brunhild|
|2003||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines||T-X|
- ↑ Nasson, Tim. "Kristanna Loken Headlines Dyke-Friendly New Film, BloodRayne", Curve. Retrieved on 2006-07-28.
- ↑ Brook, Sally. "She's Pink 'n' perky", The Sun. Retrieved on 2006-07-28.
- ↑ Kort, Michele. Michelle & Kristanna in love!", The Advocate, 15 November 2006.
- ↑ Warn, Sarah. "Kristanna Loken in Relationship with Michelle Rodriguez", AfterEllen.com, 14 November 2006.
- ↑ Mo, Malinda. "Interview With Kristanna Loken", AfterEllen.com, 12 April 2007.
- Manila Standard Today interview (January 27, 2006)
- Curve interview (January 2006)
- JoBlo.com interview (December 29, 2005)
- KristannaLoken.net (Official website) (Warning: requires proprietary browser plugins)
- Kristanna Loken at MySpace (Official)
- Kristanna Loken at the Internet Movie Database
- Kristana Loken Comes Out
- Template:Tvtome person
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Kristanna Loken. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|