Template:Infobox Company Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group Inc. is a hotel and restaurant company founded in 1981 by Bill Kimpton and led by CEO Michael Depatie. The Company's Headquarters are in San Francisco, California. The company's properties are in the United States and Canada. Most Kimpton properties are marketed under their own independent names as boutique hotels; however, in 2005 the company launched two sub-brands within the Kimpton brand: Hotel Palomar and Hotel Monaco. Each hotel has a restaurant or bar that is marketed as upscale or trendy. The Kimpton Hotel rewards program is called InTouch.
Hotel brands Edit
There are seven Hotel Monaco locations:
An eighth location is planned for Baltimore, Maryland, to be opened in 2009.
There are four Hotel Palomar locations:
In addition to the Hotel Monaco and Palomar Hotel brand hotels, other Kimpton hotels include:
- Alexandria, Virginia: Morrison House
- Aspen, Colorado: Sky Hotel
- Boston, Massachusetts: Nine Zero Hotel, Onyx Hotel
- Cambridge, Massachusetts: Hotel Marlowe
- Chicago, Illinois: Hotel Allegro, Hotel Burnham
- Dallas, Texas: Hotel Lumen
- New York City, New York: 70 Park Avenue Hotel, Muse Hotel, Vu Hotel (opening Fall 2008)
- Portland, Oregon: Hotel Vintage Plaza
- San Diego, California: Hotel Solamar
- San Francisco, California: Prescott Hotel, Serrano Hotel, Sir Francis Drake Hotel, Argonaut Hotel, Tuscan Inn, Harbor Court Hotel, Hotel Triton
- San Jose, California: Cypress Hotel
- Scottsdale, Arizona: Firesky Resort and Spa
- Seattle, Washington: Alexis Hotel, Hotel Vintage Park
- Vancouver, Canada: Pacific Palisades Hotel
- Washington, DC: Hotel George, Hotel Helix, Hotel Madera, Hotel Rouge, Topaz Hotel
- Whistler, British Columbia: Summit Lodge & Spa
Company programs Edit
Every year, the company sponsors a Red Ribbon Campaign generating awareness and funds for local HIV service agencies. In addition, local hotels make donations to LGBT charities and host events for local community groups. Kimpton formed K-GLEN, the Kimpton Gay and Lesbian Employee Network, to advise the company on personnel and community outreach concerns. The committee meets quarterly and has representation from every region of the country. Kimpton Hotels was included as one of the ten best companies for gay and lesbian employees by The Advocate. Kimpton has received a 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign every year since 2005.
Women InTouch Edit
The company sponsors Dress for Success Worldwide, an international non-profit organization that provides professional clothing and employment retention programs for women.