Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kent Bradley James (born April 30, 1964 in Ogden, Utah) is an American rock musician and actor. He is also known as Nick Name.
Early life Edit
Raised in Logan, Utah, Kent grew up performing for audiences throughout the state.
He attended Utah State University on a music scholarship before living in Argentina as a Mormon missionary.
In the 1990's, Kent performed his original song "Out Of Control" on the TV show Star Search as "Kent & The Kommotion" and won the first round of competition. Kent acted in the TV series Emmanuelle in Space, Erotic Confessions, and Women: Stories Of Passion. Kent also acted in the music video "Silent Scream" by Richard Marx and directed by Kiefer Sutherland.
Nick Name Edit
In 2001, Nick Name performed a punk cover version of "Like a Virgin" for a Madonna tribute at the historic El Rey Theatre where he shared the stage with Gilby Clarke from Guns N' Roses. Nick Name and The Normals performed their original songs "Head Rush" and "I F***ed Your Boyfriend" on the "Tolerance" episode of "Flipped" on MTV.
In 2002, Nick Name and The Normals toured the gay pride festival circuit.
In 2003, Willamette Week proclaimed "If Kurt Cobain had stayed around long enough to come out of the closet, he would have sounded just like Nick Name..."  and QX International Magazine featured Nick Name in a cover story. "The Original Position Featuring Nick Name" released a cover version of "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John. Nick Name and The Normals performed at the Sunset Junction Street Fair.
In 2004, a documentary film titled "Nick Name and The Normals" premiered in London, England. Nick Name made a cameo appearance in the movie "Hellbent" in which he performed his original songs "Porno Di Giorno" and "Who's Your Daddy?".
In 2005, the final performance of Nick Name and The Normals was on the Q Television Network. "Blue Boys", the 10th anniversary issue of Australia's Blue Magazine, proclaimed Nick Name to be one of the "10 Hottest Men" in Blue.
Recent history Edit
In 2007, "Kent James: Decade of Dirt (1997-2007)" was released. In 2008, Kent shared the stage with Lady Gaga at the San Francisco Pride Festival. In 2016, Kent released "Best of James".
- Paperback Romeo (1997)
- Guilty Pleasures (1999)
- Nick Name (2001)
- POW! (2002)
- "I F***ed Your Boyfriend" on "The Freak Show: Year One" (2001)
- "Nick Name and The Normals" ("Nick Name" & "POW!" re-mastered and combined) (2003)
- "Physical" on "Import Sound + Vision", "Promo Only", and "Screenplay VJ Pro-Series" (2003 & 2004)
- "Porno Di Giorno" and "Who's Your Daddy?" on the "Hellbent" movie soundtrack (2004)
- Decade of Dirt (1997-2007) (2007)
- Best of James (2016)
- ↑ “Kent's State”, Bay Area Reporter, <http://www.ebar.com/arts/art_article.php?sec=music&article=284> .
- ↑ Heavy-Metal Homos, Willamette Week, <http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-1935-heavy_metal_homos.html> .
- ↑ Nick Name and The Normals, imdb.com, <http://imdb.com/title/tt0401684/releaseinfo> .