M Kathy Rudy is an associate professor of women's studies and ethics at Duke University. Rudy's work is often interdisciplinary as she merges philosophy, theology, politics, feminism, and medical ethics. She is open about her homosexuality, and is a radical social constructionist.
Rudy's current projects include A Good Enough Mother — a personal and intellectual examination of the U.S. foster care system from the perspective of a failed adoptive parent — and Hollywood Theology — an examination of the ways that meaning is produced with and in the world of film.
Rudy penned a controversial opinion piece that alleged that white culture hypocrisy was responsible for the prosecution of admitted animal abuser Michael Vick.
- Sex and the Church: Gender, Homosexuality and the Transformation of Christian Ethics (1997). Beacon Press. ISBN 0-8070-1034-0
- Beyond Pro-life and Pro-choice: Moral Diversity in the Abortion Debate (1996). Beacon Press. ISBN 0-8070-0427-8
- The Politics of Representing Jesus: Jacques Derrida and John Howard Yoder. (1989). Duke University Press. ASIN B00073ARNK
- "Radical Feminism, Lesbian Separatism, and Queer Theory," Feminist Studies 27, no. 1 (Spring 2001).
- ↑ Thatcher, Adrian (2001), Celebrating Christian Marriage, Continuum International Publishing Group, p. 279, ISBN 0567088200
- ↑ Rudy, Kathy (9 September, 2007), “Race an Issue in How We Look at Vick. . .”, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, <http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sun_sentinel/access/1332849741.html?dids=1332849741:1332849741&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Sep+9%2C+2007&author=Kathy+Rudy&pub=South+Florida+Sun+-+Sentinel&edition=&startpage=G.5&desc=RACE+AN+ISSUE+IN+HOW+WE+LOOK+AT+VICK.+.+.>. Retrieved on 28 October 2007
- "Q&A: Whole New World" Duke Magazine, September-October 2005 (Volume 91, No.5)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Kathy Rudy. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|