Liberty is an expert and best-selling author on Microsoft .NET and has written over a dozen books on .NET, web development and object oriented programming. He has also written dozens of articles for both computer journals and newspapers on both technical and non-technical topics.
Liberty, an out bisexual, has been active in gay rights since 1971; former member of the Gay Activists Alliance, and is active in the Human Rights Campaign and the Massachusetts rights organization MassEquality. His coming out story was featured on the Human Rights Campaign Coming Out Page and his LGBT blog records his political insights.
- "I never knew a programmer who didn't think he couldn't do UI, and I never knew one who could"
- "Each time you miss a deadline, you make the next deadline easier to miss."
- "Far more programs die from not shipping than from shipping with not enough features."
- "The likelihood of hitting a deadline is proportional to the number of deadlines you've already hit."
- "Comments rust; use longer variable names"
- "You won't be in the room when your book is read. "
- "We are so lazy, we'll work all day to save a few minutes doing a task — which isn't so crazy if we're going to do that task hundreds of times!"
- "Monogamy is what you choose, bisexual is what you are."
- "If the gay community can't embrace bisexuals, how can we expect the straight community to embrace queers?"
- Getting Started with .NET 3 (PDF published by O'Reilly)
- Programming C#, 4th Edition (ISBN 0-596-00699-3)
- Learning C# 2005 (ISBN 0-596-10209-7)
- Programming Visual Basic 2005 (ISBN 0-596-00949-6)
- Visual C#: A Developer's Notebook (ISBN 0-596-00799-X)
- Programming ASP.NET, 3rd Edition (ISBN 0-596-00916-X)
- Programming .Net Windows Applications (ISBN 0-596-00321-8)
- Introduction to Computer Science Using Java (ISBN 0-07-822593-0)
- Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days 5th Edition (ISBN 0-672-32711-2)
- Teach Yourself C++ For Linux In 21 Days (ISBN 0-672-31895-4)
- Teach Yourself C++ In 24 Hours 4th Edition (ISBN 0-672-32681-7)
- Teach Yourself C++ In 10 Minutes (ISBN 0-672-32425-3)
- XML Web Documents From Scratch (ISBN 0-7897-2316-6)
- Clouds to Code (ISBN 1-86100-095-2)
- Beginning Object Oriented Analysis and Design (ISBN 1-86100-133-9)
- Idiot's Guide to a Career In Programming (ISBN 0-7897-1995-9)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Jesse Liberty. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|