Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jaason Simmons (b. July 12, 1970, Hobart, Tasmania) is an Australian actor, best known for the role of Logan Fowler on the TV series Baywatch.
After 3 years on the show, he walked away from Hollywood and returned to stage school to study theater with renowned acting teacher Sanford Meisner. Jaason soon started to experiment with independent movies, taking on controversial roles including the Greg Arakis feature film 'Nowhere' starring with Christina Applegate and Heather Graham.
The spring of 2004 marked Jaasons UK theatrical debut as he took to the London stage in the much-acclaimed 'Eroica', directed by the noted film and stage director Paul Warner. Last summer, Jaason returned to the London stage to star as Sergei Medvedev in 'The End of the Sentence', a psychological thriller set in present day Moscow, directed by Adam Meggido.
Jaason then took up the challenge to play the Dad and Husband in Steven Berkoff's 'Greek', directed by Marcus Graham at the Punk Palace in Brisbane.
Jaason is now back in Los Angeles after completing the award winning independent movie ‘Mad Cowgirl’, a dark comedy directed by Greg Hatanaka.
He is also campaigning heavily this year to save Tasmania’s rainforest from being wiped out by old growth logging, and he works hard on behalf of the endangered species that are rapidly declining due to these heavy deforesting practices.
This summer Jaason will reunite alongside his former castmate Donna D’Errico in the Independent feature A.R.T in Las Vegas, with Irish Director Mary McGuckian. Both Jaason and Donna will play gay characters, caught up in the middle of Assisted Reproductive Technology. The Movie will also star Lucy Davis as D'Errico's partner, Jennifer Tilly, Andie MacDowell, Kerry Fox and Charles Dance.
Personal life Edit
Simmons came out as gay in the March 2008 issue of Australian New Idea magazine with his fiancé, Irish actor John O’Callaghan. (In 2006, O’Callaghan adopted a Ugandan boy, whom he named Odin.) . The couple hopes to get married in Canada, where same-sex marriages are legally recognized.
- Mad Cowgirl (2006)
- Bloody Mary: Legend of the Mirror Witch (2006)
- The Devil's Tattoo (2001)
- Frankenstein & the Werewolf Reborn! (2000)
- The Pass (film) (1998)
- Frankenstein Reborn! (1998)
- Viper (TV series) (1997) TV Series
- Nowhere (film) (1997)
- Baywatch (1994-1996) TV Series
- The Sea Wolf (film) (1997)
- Velocity Trap (1997)
- Page 73 (1996)
- Baywatch the Movie: Forbidden Paradise (1995)
- Paradise Beach (1993) TV Series
- ↑ World Exclusive: Baywatch Star Becomes a Gay Dad, March 11, 2008, <http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/new-idea/11050/world-exclusive-baywatch-star-becomes-a-gay-dad/>. Retrieved on 11 March 2008
- ↑ Former Baywatch star Jaason Simmons comes out, gets engaged, adopts, March 11, 2008, <http://www.afterelton.com/taxonomy/term/2774>. Retrieved on 11 March 2008
- Official website
- Jaason Simmons at the Internet Movie Database
- NY Times filmography
- Bio at hollywood.com
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Jaason Simmons. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|