Hibernia Beach LIVE was a gay-themed call-in talk radio show broadcast on San Francisco, California rock radio station KITS "Live 105" from October 1989 to 2000. The program was named after "Hibernia Beach" in San Francisco's Castro neighborhood.
While it ran, the program was billed as "the longest-running gay-hosted show on commercial radio", and had an audience of over 40,000 listeners as of 1998. It was broadcast weekly from 11:00 p.m. on Sundays until 2:00 a.m. on Monday mornings; airtimes were later pushed back by an hour, to midnight Sunday nights.
On-air hosts included Ken McPherson (jokingly referred to on air as "America's favorite homosexual"), Geraldine Barr, Renée Rotten, and Ben Carlson. The show was initially formatted as a gay and lesbian public affairs program, but later changed to be inclusive of a broader audience; topics included queer issues, politics, music, relationships, and sexuality.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Hibernia Beach ONLINE. Hibernia Beach LIVE. Archived from the original on 2000-03-04. Retrieved on 2007-11-21.
- ↑ LIVE105.com: Jocks. KITS Live 105. Archived from the original on 2000-03-17. Retrieved on 2007-11-21.
- ↑ Sullivan, James. "Live 105 -- Some `Alternative'", San Francisco Chronicle, 2000-05-14. Retrieved on 2007-11-22.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Template:Cite newsgroup
- ↑ About the Show. Hibernia Beach LIVE. Archived from the original on 2000-03-04. Retrieved on 2007-11-21.
- ↑ The What? Page: Programs. KITS Live 105. Archived from the original on 1997-07-30. Retrieved on 2007-11-21.
- ↑ Savage, Todd. "Radio active - there are some 80 gay-oriented radio shows, such as LesBiGay, in the US", The Advocate, 1999-09-14. ISSN 0001-8996. Retrieved on 2007-11-22.
- ↑ Pansy Division. Pansy Division: Audio. PansyDivision.com. Retrieved on 2007-11-22.
- ↑ Template:Cite video
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Hibernia Beach LIVE. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|