|Harvey Milk Day|
| Harvey Milk Day |
Harvey Milk Day logo
|Observed by||California, LGBT community and local municipalities|
|Related to||Harvey Milk and Harvey Milk Foundation|
California Day of Special SignificanceEdit
In California, Harvey Milk Day is recognized by the state's government as a day of special significance for public schools. The day was established by the California legislature and signed into law by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2009 following the success of the award-winning feature film Milk retracing Milk's life.
See also Edit
- ↑ Equality California: Legislature Approves Harvey Milk Day. Commondreams.org (2008-08-05). Retrieved on 2013-12-05.
- ↑ Kristin Weigle, Harvey Milk Day: Chapter 626 Gives a Controversial Figure's Birthday Special Significance for California Public Schools, 41 McGeorge Law Review 558 (2010)
- ↑ Thompson, Don. "Schwarzenegger creates day honoring Harvey Milk", October 12, 2009.
- ↑ Tran, Mark. "Arnold Schwarzenegger signs law establishing Harvey Milk Day: California governor's move honours Harvey Milk, gay politician shot dead in 1978", The Guardian, Guardian News and Media Limited, October 13, 2009. Retrieved on 2010-11-06.
- ↑ "Gay Rights Activist Milk Honoured", BBC News, United Kingdom: BBC, October 12, 2009.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Harvey Milk Day. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|