Template:Notability W. Grant Stevens, M.D., is a plastic surgeon and the Medical Director of Marina Plastic Surgery Associates in Marina del Rey and Palos Verdes, California. Dr. Stevens is recognized in the medical community as an innovator in the field of laser-assisted breast reduction surgery, developing the Stevens Laser Bra to increase the longevity of breast lift and breast reduction results.
An active member at Centinela Freeman Marina Hospital, Dr. Stevens is Past Chairman of The Department of Surgery (1989-1996), Chairman of the Liposuction Committee, and Medical Director of The Breast Center. He is also on staff at St. John’s Health Center and the Marina Outpatient Surgery Center.
In 1980, Dr. Stevens graduated from Washington University Medical School in St. Louis. He then completed general surgery training at Harbor UCLA Medical Center from 1980-1983, and completed fellowships in hand and plastic surgery at Washington University-Barnes Hospital from 1983-1986. He is a board certified diplomate of The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a fellow of The American College of Surgeons and The International College of Surgeons.
Dr. Stevens is author or coauthor of almost 40 professional journal publications. He has also lectured at international, national, and regional meetings with presentations to such groups as The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (September, 2005), The California Society of Plastic Surgeons (February, 1994 and May, 1996), The American Association of Plastic Surgeons (May, 1984), and The Plastic Surgery Research Council (April, 1980).
Selected publications Edit
- W. Grant Stevens, E.M. Hirsch, D.A. Stoker, R. Cohen, “In Vitro Deflation of Prefilled Saline Breast Implants” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 118(2):347-9, August 2006.
- W. Grant Stevens, R. Cohen, S.D. Vath, D.A. Stoker, E.M. Hirsch, “Is It Safe to Combine Abdominoplasty with Elective Breast Surgery? A Review of 151 Consecutive Cases” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 118(1):207-12; discussion 213-4, July 2006. 
- W. Grant Stevens, E.M. Hirsch, D.A. Stoker, R. Cohen, “A Comparison of 500 Prefilled Textured Saline Breast Implants Versus 500 Standard Textured Saline Breast Implants: Is There a Difference in Deflation Rates?” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 117(7):2175-8; discussion 2179-81, June 2006. 
- W. Grant Stevens, D.R. Fellows, D.A. Stoker, “Does Anybody Really Know What Deflation Rate It Is?” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 112(4):1194-5, September 2003. 
- J.L. Marsh, M.W. Vannier, M. Gado, W. Grant Stevens, “In Vivo Delineation of Facial Fractures: The Application of Advanced Medical Imaging Technology” Annals of Plastic Surgery, 17(5):364-76, November 1986. 
- J.L. Marsh, M.H. Gado, M.W. Vannier, W. Grant Stevens, “Osseous Anatomy of Unilateral Coronal Synostosis” Cleft Palate Journal, 23(2):87-100, April 1986. 
- M.W. Vannier, W.G. Totty, W. Grant Stevens, P.M. Weeks, D.M. Dye, W.J. Daum, L.A. Gilula, W.A. Murphy, R.H. Knapp, “Musculoskeletal Applications of Three-Dimensional Surface Reconstructions” The Orthopedic Clinics of North America, 16(3):543-55, July 1985. 
- W. Grant Stevens, J.D. Hall, V.L. Young, P.M. Weeks, “When Should Nerve Gaps Be Grafted? An Experimental Study in Rats” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 75(5):707-13, May 1985. 
- J.L. Marsh, M.W. Vannier, W. Grant Stevens, J.O. Warren, D. Gayou, D.M. Dye, “Computerized Imaging for Soft Tissue and Osseous Reconstruction in the Head and Neck” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, 12(2):279-91, April 1985. 
- P.M. Weeks, M.W. Vannier, W. Grant Stevens, D. Gayou, L.A. Gilula, “Three-Dimensional Imaging of the Wrist” The Journal of Hand Surgery, 10(1):32-9, January 1985. 3838183
- J.L. Marsh, M.W. Vannier, W. Grant Stevens, “Surface Reconstructions from Computerized Tomographic Scans for Evaluation of Malignant Skull Destruction” American Journal of Surgery, 148(4):530-3, October 1984. 
- J.L. Marsh, W. Grant Stevens, G.L. Smith, D.J. Krogstad, “Reinsertability after Breast Prosthesis Pocket Infection: An Experimental Study” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 69(2):234-7, February 1982.