Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gerry Rogers is a Canadian documentary filmmaker and politician. She began her career with the National Film Board, and left in 1992 to form her own production company, Augusta Productions. Her best-known film, My Left Breast, documented her battle with breast cancer and was released in 2000.
Rogers was elected to the Newfoundland and Labrador House of Assembly in the 2011 provincial election, representing the district of St. John’s Centre as a member of the Newfoundland and Labrador New Democratic Party. She is the first openly gay politician ever elected to the provincial legislature.
In honour of her role as a significant builder of LGBT culture and history in Canada, a portrait of Rogers by artist Claire Priddle was added to the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives' National Portrait Collection in 2003.
- After the Montreal Massacre (1990)
- The Vienna Tribunal (1994)
- Kathleen Shannon: On Film, Feminism and Other Dreams (1997)
- My Left Breast (2000)
- Ferron: Girl on a Road (2009)
- ↑ “Rosie O'Donnell Offers NFLD NDP Candidate Campaign Contribution”, Halifax Live, 26 December 2005, <http://www.halifaxlive.com/content/view/330/2/>. Retrieved on 18 September 2008
- ↑ "NDP Leader Lorraine Michael re-elected". CBC News, October 11, 2011.
- ↑ "Shawn Skinner loses seat to NDP". The Telegram, October 11, 2011.
- ↑ Gerry Rogers at the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Gerry Rogers. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|