Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Scientifically, Gender refers to the biological sex of an organism. In common culture, it can be used in a multitude of other ways, however. Possible meanings include, but are not limited to:
- The gender role one acts according to
- The gender one dresses as (see cross-dressing)
- Any number of sexual orientations.
- The sex one believes one most closely identifies with in terms of hormones, testosterone, and estrogen.
- Or any other way one wishes to label oneself in terms of sex or sexual preference/orientation
The gender of humans is usually determined at birth by a quick examination of the genitals. Normally, if the baby has a vagina, it is identified as a female, whereas if it has a penis and testicles, it is identified as a male. However, in rare cases, a baby can be born with ambiguous genitalia, or can be born with one set of genitals, but with the chromosomes of the opposite sex.