The blog covers breaking news, opinion and analysis columns, and provides support and advice for youth who are questioning their sexual orientation. Posts cover gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and asexual topics and are written by everyday LGBT and asexual people as well as freelance journalists. The blog also features interviews with members of the LGBT community.
The site is totally non-profit and all expenses are paid for by its authors. All authors on the blog are volunteers and are not paid for their contribution to the archives. The blog covers subjects that are important to members of the LGBT community, and authors talk from their personal experiences from reactions to their coming out,[General references 2] to going to gay pride as an asexual.[General references 3]
Freedom Requires Wings is also one of the three official media partners of the Harvey Milk Foundation for Harvey Milk Day,[General references 4] and is an official partner of AVEN for asexual awareness week.[General references 5] The blog also works closely with the founder of Qonfide.com.
The site and its social network pages are designed by Pixxies Design, a small graphic design company based in Bordeaux, France. All posts are covered by a Creative Commons license.
- ↑ "Freedom Requires Wings" - freedomrequireswings.com.
- ↑ "My Coming Out Story Part 3 : Telling the Grandparents - Freedom Requires Wings" - freedomrequireswings.com.
- ↑ "Pride London - Freedom Requires Wings" - freedomrequireswings.com.
- ↑ "Partners & Sponsors" - harveymilkday.co.
- ↑ "Freedom Requires Wings - AVEN" - asexuality.org.
- ↑ "News: Tyson Gay, Vietnam, Chavela Vargas, Atlanta, Mitt Romney - News - Towleroad" - towleroad.com.
- ↑ "Exodus International Calls It Quits - SourceFed" - sourcefed.com.