Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs more links to other articles to help connect it. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text.|
Enigma is a comic book by Peter Milligan, with artwork done by Duncan Fegredo, featuring a superhero called "The Enigma". It was published as an eight-issue limited series by Vertigo, an imprint of DC Comics, in 1993.
- Michael Smith - A compulsive, late-20’s, heterosexual telephone repairman living a highly-structured life in Pacific City, California. His father was killed in an earthquake, and he was abandoned by his mother around age nine.
- Titus Bird - The writer of the superhero comic book series “The Enigma”.
- The Enigma - A man born with seemingly omnipotent powers who adopts the identity of The Enigma, a comic book superhero. He is an essentially emotionless being and unfamiliar with the concepts of right and wrong.
- This story takes place outside of the main DC Universe.
- This was one of the first mini-series released when DC launched Vertigo, their "suggested for mature readers" line of comics in March 1993 and the first not to be connected to an existing book.
- All eight issues of Enigma have special metallic inks on the cover.
- One of the minor characters in Enigma, named Envelope Girl, made an appearance in Peter Milligan's run of Animal Man.
The series has been collected into a trade paperback:
- Enigma (208 pages, Titan Books, August 1995, ISBN 1852866152, DC Comics, December 1993, ISBN 1563891921)