The Centre was bought in 1974 by the Scottish Minorities Group, and remains the only LGBT-owned LGBT Centre in the UK. It is the oldest LGBT Centre in Europe.
The Centre consists of a street-level café and basement with offices and a meeting room. It is used by many LGBT community groups and organisations, including Pride Scotia Edinburgh.
Organisations with offices in The Centre:
- Pride Scotia (Edinburgh): Organises Scotland's annual gay pride event every 2nd year in Edinburgh.
- David and Joe Ltd : A website design company.
- Café Nom De Plume : Opening at the end of May 2008.
- Fitlads : A gay dating website.
- Hostfife Ltd: A website hosting company.