Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Devin Kalile Grayson (birth name unknown) is an American writer of comic books and novels. Titles that she has written include Gotham Knights, The Titans, the Vertigo series USER, and Nightwing. Her work on Gotham Knights made her the first woman to serve as the regular writer for a Batman title.
Grayson was born in New Haven, Connecticut and raised in Northern California. Her early ambition was to be an actress; she studied at the Berkeley Shakespeare Festival and attended the San Francisco School of the Arts, but while in community college she decided to become a writer instead, and subsequently transferred to Bard College in upstate New York.
Her interest in comics was kindled when she happened to see an episode of Batman: The Animated Series on television. Her first comic book script to see print was "Like Riding a Bike", a 10-page short that appeared in The Batman Chronicles in 1997.
In 2005, she wrote a creator-owned mini-series for DC's Wildstorm label entitled Matador with artist Brian Stelfreeze. She finished a five-year run on Nightwing in 2005. Her run on the series was controversial, especially after a storyline in which a female character sexually assaulted Nightwing.
She is openly bisexual, and her work has been frequently praised in the gay press. USER was nominated for the GLAAD Outstanding Comic Book award in 2001 and she has been interviewed in The Advocate and Curve.
Her work was nominated for the Comics Buyer's Guide Award for Favorite Writer in 1999 and 2000.
- Arsenal #1-4
- Batman #564, 574, Annual #22
- Batman 80 Page Giant #1
- The Batman Chronicles #7, 9, 12, 18, 20
- Batman: Gotham City Secret Files #1
- Batman: Gotham Knights #1-32
- Batman/Joker: Switch
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #116, #177-178
- Batman Plus Arsenal #1
- Batman Secret Files and Origins #1
- Batman Villains: Secret Files & Origins #1
- Catwoman #54-71, Annual #4
- DCU Holiday Bash II, III
- Detective Comics #731, 741
- Justice League America #32 (co-written with Mark Waid)
- JLA/Titans #1-#3
- Nightwing #53, 71-100, 108-117, Annual #1
- Nightwing/Huntress #1-4
- Nightwing Secret Files #1
- Relative Heroes #1-6
- Shadow of the Bat #84, 92, 94
- Superman Adventures #18
- The Titans #1 - 12, 15-16
- The Titans #13, 17-20 (co-written with Jay Faerber)
- The Titans #14 (co-written with Brian K. Vaughan)
- The Titans Secret Files #1
- Year One: Batman/Ra's Al Ghul (#1-2)
DC Comics \ Vertigo ComicsEdit
- User #1 - 3
DC Comics \ WildstormEdit
- Everquest: Transformation
- Matador #1 - 6
- Black Widow Vol. 1 #1-3 (1999)
- Black Widow: Break Down #1-3 (co-written with Greg Rucka, 2001)
- Ghost Rider (Marvel Knights) #1-6 2001
- X-Men: Evolution #1-8 (2001-2002)
- Smallville: City (Published by Aspect)
- Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (Published by Aspect)
- DC Universe: Inheritance (Published by Warner Books)
- ↑ Comics Should Be Good
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Grayson, Devin (January 2002). Biography. Case Notes (devingrayson.com). Retrieved on 2007-04-03.
- ↑ Prism Comics profile
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Devin K. Grayson. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|