Danny Roberts (born July 19, 1977; Rockmart, Georgia) is best known for appearing on The Real World: New Orleans in 2000. Prior to beginning the show, he had recently begun a relationship with Paul Dill, a US Army captain stationed in Vicenza, Italy. Because of the U.S. Military "Don't ask, don't tell" policy toward homosexuals, Paul's face was obscured on TV and much national attention was brought to the issue. In early 2004 MTV aired a special where Paul (then out of the military) revealed his face for the first time and the policy and its effects were discussed. In November 2006, Roberts announced in The Advocate magazine that he and Dill had split up.
Roberts made a few post-Real World appearances on television such as Dawson's Creek, Netflix's DTLA, and hosted the DVD collection of gay-themed short films, Boy's Briefs.
Roberts spoke at schools across the country on diversity in sexuality, coming out, public policy, and the military's "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy for several years after his first TV appearance in addition to other LGBTQ advocacy work. After spending 10 years in New York and Seattle, Roberts returned to Atlanta, Georgia, where he works in human resource recruiting for an email software company called MailChimp.
TV appearances Edit
- DTLA (2012)
- Reality TV Secrets Revealed (2004)
- MTV News: Out in the Real World (2003)
- Boys Briefs 2 (2002)
- Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2002)
- Dawson's Creek - Episode: Coming Home (2000) French Exchange Student
- The Real World: New Orleans (2000)
- ↑ Tipton, Nathan G. (2004), “American Television, Reality Shows”, glbtq.com, <http://www.glbtq.com/arts/am_tv_reality,2.html>. Retrieved on 25 October 2007
- ↑ http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/2006/11/real_worlds_danny_roberts_sing.html
- ↑ Top 15 Gay REality Stars After Elton, April 5, 2009
- Danny Roberts at the Internet Movie Database
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Danny Roberts. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|