|Editors||Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom|
|First issue||Spring 2001|
The magazine, which originates from the Netherlands, features interviews, articles, and advertisements and illuminates upon trends and lifestyle-choices among the male homosexual community.
The magazine has published photography and interviews with renowned gay artists, and became well-known with its very first issue, which showed German fashion designer Bernhard Willhelm in nude portraits taken by Wolfgang Tillmans. Since its first issue in May 2001, Butt Magazine has featured on its pages international homosexual artists such as Casey Spooner, Michael Stipe, John Waters, Heinz Peter Knes, Edmund White, Terence Koh, Walter Pfeiffer and Slava Mogutin.
Submissions are unrestricted, as readers may send in interviews, letter, photographs, and articles. Subscribers are referred to as "BUTTHEADs" and may join the BUTTHEAD community officially through the magazine's website.
The magazine may be found world-wide. In the United States, it is available in American Apparel stores, among other locales.
BUTT has been praised for its unabashed sexual and non-sexual portrayals of men, which emphasizes an equal opportunity in depictions of all peoples in print-society. In addition, the magazine has been lauded even by women for its unique, candid approach to interviews, which may be done by anyone.
- ↑ Jonkers, Gert and Jop van Bennekom. "About BUTT Magazine" BUTT Magazine, 2008. Accessed 3 April 2008.
- ↑ Hornyn, Cathy (2008-03-09). Double Dutch. TMagazine. The New York Times.
- ↑ McClear, Sheila. "Finally, a Chance for Fully-Splayed Men" Gawker, February 5, 2008. Accessed 3 April 2008.
- ↑ AMP "Why I Love BUTT Magazine" AMP Minizine, 2008. Accessed 3 April 2008.
- ↑ James, Mark. "Are You a BUTT Man?" Gay.com Style, 2006. Accessed 3 April 2008.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Butt (magazine). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|