The Black Gay Men's Advisory Group is an organization of African and Afro-Caribbean descended gay or bisexual men and MSM founded in 2003 in the United Kingdom. The group was founded to advise health workers and organizations but activities expanded to a variety of "life chances" and related services.
BGMA was one of the principle groups involved in the Stop Murder Music campaign, for which it was awarded a Gay & Lesbian Award in 2007 and accepted the Best Advocacy Award at the Black LGBT Community Awards gala on behalf of the Stop Murder Music campaign. Chair Dennis Carney, of Jamaican descent, was a principal negotiator of the Reggae Compassionate Act with artists Beenie Man, Sizzla, and Capleton.
- ↑ http://www.bgmag.org.uk/faqs/what-is-the-black-gay-mens-advisory-group.html
- ↑ http://www.riddimja.com/News_pg41.htm
- ↑ http://thegalas.org/content/view/72/68/
- ↑ http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/07/April/1201.htm
- ↑ http://www.iglhrc.org/site/iglhrc/section.php?id=5&detail=743
- ↑ http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/aug/28/gayrights.arts