- In Germany, a new Article 182 introduced a common age of consent of 14. Previously it had been 18 in the former West Germany (for sex between men), and 14 in the former East Germany for all.
- In South Africa, all homosexuality is legalised at a set age of consent of 19, however the heterosexual age of consent is set at 16.
- In the United Kingdom, the age of consent for gay men is reduced to 18, still two years more than that for heterosexuals.
- February 21 - The United Kingdom House of Commons rejects a motion to equalize the age of consent at 16, but supports an amendment to reduce the age for gay men to 18.
- March 9 - Scott Amedure gay man was shot to death by Jonathan Schmitz after revealing a secret crush on his heterosexual friend during a taping of the Jenny Jones talk show. Schmitz later convicted of second-degree murder with a sentence of 30 to 50 years.
- December 6 - The American Medical Association declares its opposition to treatments intended to cure homosexuality.
- March 9 - Scott Amedure, 32, talk show murder victim
- Web site for Advocate news magazine
- Google search for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender news
- Sodomylaws.org on Germany
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 1994 in gay rights. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|