- Dick Celeste, governor of the U.S. state of Ohio, issues an executive order banning sexual orientation discrimination by the state.
- Laguna Beach, California, prohibits employment discrimination based on sexual orientation in the private sector.
- Oakland, California, prohibits employment discrimination based on sexual orientation in the private sector.
- In Australia, homosexual acts between consenting adults are decriminalized in New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
- November 10 — In the United Kingdom, Chris Smith comes out as gay, becoming the first openly gay member of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom.
- November 29 — West Hollywood, California, approves a gay rights ordinance.
- ↑ Lead News Stories from the Gay People's Chronicle
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.