This is a list of notable events in the history of LGBT rights that took place in the year 1970.
- 28 — On the one-year anniversary of the Stonewall riots, more than 2,000 people march in New York City as part of the first gay pride parade in the United States.
- 10 — The parliament of Austria decriminalizes consensual homosexual acts between adults.
- 5 — Colombia changes "homosexual behavior" from a felony into a misdemeanor, and the maximum penalty is reduced to three years.
- London gay activists hold the first meeting of the London incarnation of the Gay Liberation Front.
- ↑ Miller, p. 390
- Miller, Neil (1995). Out of the Past: Gay and Lesbian History from 1869 to the Present. New York, Vintage Books. ISBN 0-09-957691-0.
See also Edit
- Timeline of LGBT history — timeline of events from 12,000 BCE to present
- LGBT rights by country or territory — current legal status around the world
- LGBT social movements
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 1970 in LGBT rights. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|